Monday, July 18, 2011

Test results are in and OMG.......

Well I got the test results from the blood work that was done at the end of June at my first appointment with the Fibromyalgia Center. This was the blood test that would look in my white blood cells to determine any nutrient deficiencies I might have. Well, I have some alright. The Dr said that she has only seen 1 other person have a test result this bad......So once again I score an A+ in the test department, on a test that you don't want an A+ on!


Out of 7 antioxidants tested, I am deficient in 5 of them. Antioxidants are what helps prevent cancer and keeps us healthy - they help fight free radicals and oxidation of our cells.......so no wonder I'm always picking up every illness I can find! My body can't fight them! My overall antioxidant function is at a whooping 37% - optimal function is at or above 65%.........

The blood work came back showing me deficient in the following nutrients:

*Glutamine - I will need to supplement with 3000 mg daily - 1000 mg 3x a day for the next 4-6 months - to learn more about the role of this Amino Acid CLICK HERE

*Glutathione - I will need to supplement with 600 mg 3x daily (1800 mg daily) of N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) for the next 4-6 months at least. This is a really important one as without it, we die! CLICK HERE for an interesting article on the role of this "super antioxidant"

*Vitamin E - 800 IU daily - CLICK HERE to read about the role of Vitamin E

*Selenium - 200 MCG daily - CLICK HERE to see why this antioxidant is important to our bodies

*Coenzyme Q10 - 150 mg daily - CLICK HERE to read about this and why it's important for your health

*Lipoic Acid - 200 mg daily supplement - CLICK HERE to read more about this antioxidant and what it does

After doing the research on these and reading all about them and the importance of them for health, I wonder why I don't have high blood pressure and heart problems! I am thankful that I don't but according to my deficiencies I should! Hopefully by getting these specific things in check and within normal range I will prevent those things from becoming a problem later in my life.

So I should be able to get an antioxidant blend that will take care of everything except the NAC and COQ10 - those are going to have to be their own supplement unless I can find one that incorporates all of it - so far in my research I haven't found one that does. Most have everything EXCEPT the NAC and COQ10. I'm really going to have to figure out a way to remember to take these things as that is one area I am really bad in - if I can take something 1x a day great, but for those that I'll have to take 3x.....I might need to figure out how to have my phone remind me - oh I'm sure I can find a pill reminder app or something on my phone!!

At my treatment today I had a 1 hr massage, chiropractic adjustment and trigger point injections in my hips. Today's massage focused on my hips and legs. Let me tell you, I would of never known how tender my muscles/soft tissue is without this massage. It actually hurt more than anything today. She really worked my hips as that is where I find I have most of my pain. Right now I am a little uncomfortable in the area where she did the work but am anticipating that will go away after today like it did last week due to the injections after the massage work.

Tomorrow I'll be heading out to get my new supplements as the Dr wants me to get on them ASAP - she also said that I'm a good candidate for IV nutrient therapy but will also need to take the oral supplements. She said she wouldn't be suprised to hear that I'm feeling a lot better after a couple weeks on the supplements since I'm so deficient.

I feel like this has taken me in the right direction so far and am excited to see how I feel once I start these supplements. Although the test results aren't great, they will lead me to getting better and that is the ultimate goal! I'm really feeling that it is going to happen now that we are getting things dialed in to specifics.

This week I have my phone appointment with the Mayo Clinic as well - that's on Thursday with the nurse. I'm sure I'll have things to say after that call so stay tuned for more updates - things are rolling along in the right direction! Although a long road, it's going to be one worth the travel by the time I reach the end of it! I just know it!

1 comment:

  1. wow! Well thank God you are finally getting some answers and I'm glad it's info that you can use to start feeling better immediately. You are on the right track! Still praying for you, girl!

    Hugs,

    Tara

    ReplyDelete