Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Why is this happening AGAIN?

Frustrated is the only word that comes to mind. I woke up on Monday feeling dizzy - it wasn't too bad so I thought, or hoped rather, it would just go away....well come Tuesday it was worse. Glenn ended up staying home and taking me to the Chiropractor for an adjustment as the last time I was REALLY sick and with dizziness the adjustments really helped. I did feel a bit better last night, still dizzy but not as intense so I think the adjustment did help. This morning I woke up feeling just as dizzy as I was yesterday so another adjustment is probably in order as often times it won't "stick" until you have a few - the Chiropractor did say I'm out in my C1 vertebra which will cause dizziness.......I just want to scream...or cry...not sure.

Here I am, doing everything right, eating right, adding fruits and vegetables to my body.......exercising....doing everything I've been advised to do to "feel better" and out of the blue I get this freaking "vertigo" again! It SUCKS!

I'm sorry I don't have anything great or positive to say in this post today - I'm more than frustrated with my current situation - and to not know WHY just drives me crazy. Glenn has asked me to write a letter to The Mayo Clinic in hopes that they might take me in and figure out what is going on. Not only with the dizziness but in general. All of this just makes it too easy to say screw it and lay down and give in - but I can't - I can't go through this again, not for the length of time I did last time (over a month of straight dizziness) and I won't - I can't stop living my life again because it will send me into another downward spiral that I emotionally just can't afford to go through again. It's only been about 2 months since I stopped being dizzy from the last time, too soon, way too soon to be going through it all over again.

I know I have been diagnosed with "fibromyalgia" and am tired of hearing some people say how it's the "catch all diagnosis for when the Dr's just don't know what's wrong" - and feel if that is the case then it could be possible for the Mayo Clinic to accept me and help me......I pray PLEASE GOD, someone help me! Although out of all the material I've read about the diagnosis, dizziness isn't part of it so this is something entirely separate from that.

There are several reasons why someone could have episodes of vertigo. Funny thing, or not so funny, when I had my last MRI a few months ago, they did comment that they saw something that appeared to be "fluid at the base of my brain" - concerning YES - but after review of the MRI the radiologist decided it wasn't anything to worry about - WHAT? Now I'm beginning to really wonder!

Another thing I've read which concerns me is that vertigo is often a presenting symptom for Multiple Sclerosis with the onset of vertigo being abrupt and examination of the eyes will reveal an inability to move them past the midline toward the nose - well guess what - I can't move my eyes past the midline toward my nose - it's impossible - my left eye will shoot off the the left and my right eye doesn't go inward....when I mentioned to my neurologist the possibility of MS - she said the lesions on my brain don't indicate MS and she wasn't concerned one bit - well she isn't me - my biological mom has severe MS and has for years told me she is worried that I have it but haven't been diagnosed yet. I have lesions on my brain from the past episodes of meningitis and migrains - according to the neurologist those lesions have changed slightly over the past 5 yrs but not enough to warrant concern. Another possibility of vertigo is caused by brain lesions. Of course I'm worried that any one of these things could be the cause...a bit extreme one might say but hey, if you know me, my health issues are to the extreme!

I have a sinking feeling that I'm on a long road still - although I have this diagnosis of fibromyalgia, I feel it's just one step on the journey to finding out what is REALLY going on - out of all the material I've read about fibromyalgia - I have some of the symptoms but not all and in my heart just feel it's a temporary diagnosis, or one of many things that will be diagnosed for me.

For those of you who follow this blog and feel like I do that there is something wrong and nobody has found it yet, I hope you find strength to fight for yourself - it's hard, I know, but if you don't do it, nobody will and there is someone out there, there has to be someone out there, who will take the time to really listen to you and help you figure out what is going on inside your body. It's simply not normal to feel like shit all the time and get crazy, intense and bad viruses all the time. It's not right.

Until next time - hopefully things will be better.........I leave you with a link to learn more about Vertigo

No comments:

Post a Comment