Saturday, January 15, 2011

Vertigo - GOING, GOING - GONE!

So I woke up today and the vertigo seems to be getting less and less - today I feel so much better, in fact I am not nearly as dizzy as I've been. I have only had a couple times since waking that I felt slightly dizzy and that was when I moved too quickly. So I will continue to take it easy but am able to resume my normal activities including driving, cooking, cleaning - all that great stuff. I'm so glad it's not hanging around longer than this week - I was concerned I was going to be dealing with it for a while again.

When I saw the Dr on Wed I had asked him if this could be linked to the fibromyalgia - he did say that sometimes people with fibromyalgia will also have episodes of vertigo. Although I've never read anything to state this, I'll believe him, he is the one who specializes in all this. I also discussed with him the possibility of the vertigo being a sign that I could have MS. He stated that yes, vertigo is a sign of MS and that I should consult my Neurologist for further investigation of that possibility. I decided that if I get another sudden onset I will do just that. There are many factors in determining if someone has MS - so I think that is another battle and battery of testing that will be necessary to undergo should I decide it's something worth pursuing. The last time I discussed this with the neurologist she didn't feel that the changes in my brain lesions that showed on the MRI indicated possible MS. So we left it at that.

Today is day 2 of starting my new supplements and I even got my husband to join me in taking them. I was shocked actually that he drank the spirulina. If you have ever had it, you'll know what I mean when I say it's GREEN and smells horrid! Although, we mixed it with Orange Juice and it tasted like Orange juice - so as long as he can't taste the nastiness of it I know he'll drink it. He doesn't eat any vegetables so being able to get this into him is only going to help him. As I had posted in yesterday's entry, the spirulina is full of great things - everyone should use it to aid in their health and to make sure they are getting what the body needs to be healthy.

I had someone ask me just recently if all this juicing has made any difference - in all honesty I have only noticed my level of energy slightly increase AND I'm feeling less fatigued than I have in the past - but not a lot of major differences that I can pin point with precision. If you ask me, those two things are pretty major for someone with CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), so yes, it's helping. I think, as a friend of mine said, it's going to take some time for my body to reverse all the negative things that I've subject it to all my life. In particular, the bad foods and lack of good nutrients for so many years. The immediate benefits are not necessarily outward but inside, my body is certainly healing itself and loving all the goodness it's getting. It can be frustrating to not see immediate changes, but I think overall it's helping and expect it to take up to 2 months or more to really make a huge impact. Overall I do feel good if you compare how I feel today to 2, 3 or 4 months ago...so I think it's definitely helping, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment