Saturday, August 25, 2012

"NORMAL" again - seriously?

I wanted to update about my Dr visit with the new endo and the test results - apparently they are so normal that she doesn't feel any kind of thyroid hormone is necessary.  I guess that is "good" news?  But really with all my symptoms that scream "HYPOTHYROIDISM" I'm a bit disappointed in the results.

I know that probably sounds crazy and weird to the average person reading this but if you can, just for a moment, try to understand how it would feel if you knew in your heart that something just isn't right, and to always have "normal" test results yet you have every symptom of certain conditions - you would be frustrated too.  I guess it just means I go back to researching possible reasons why and that means back to the drawing board!  I don't know if there is even anything out there left to uncover, but if there is, I will certainly uncover it.

I'm still determined to find the answers, more answers..... but am wondering if I ever will?  Am I just stuck in this body of aches, pains, fatigue and exhaustion with temporary relief that will never be permanent?  It's depressing at the least to think that life will forever be like this but I have to forge forward and know that there are always new discoveries and that I will stumble on something that gives me the answers I seek.  It's a very long journey to finding my health and I'm realizing more and more everyday that it's not a quick fix, it's not something that will just happen and that it is something that I have to work on everyday, every minute and every second that I can.

I often wish I was, just for a day, the "normal" person that my blood shows I am...the "normal" person who doesn't have to take extra precaution in what they eat, what they do and how they do it, the "normal" person that can sleep for 8 hours and feel great, the "normal" person who can be active all day and feel great for it, the "normal" person who never gets a migraine or a headache for no reason, the "normal" person who doesn't have to plan everything they do in order to make sure they don't aggravate their body into an episode of pain that will last for who knows how long, the "normal" person that just feels good, all the time...........enough for wishing, I'm not that person anymore and have to accept that most likely I never will be again.

Instead I will accept that the path I'm on (as best as I can, at times it's really hard) is the path I'm suppose to be on, the path that God has given me.  Maybe I'm suppose to teach others how to cope with the illness they have, maybe I'm suppose to help those who come into contact with me on how to make themselves feel better, maybe, just maybe I've been given the cards I've been given to help me learn how to be more empathetic and sympathetic to those even less fortunate.  I don't know the "why's" but I do know that I need to continue to search for anything and everything I can find to try to find the "why's" if they are out there.

Until next time, may you have pain free days and nights and peace in your heart

Gerri




3 comments:

  1. This is what happened to me!! Don't give up!!! I know you don't know me, but I follow your blog and I'm a member from Fed Up With Fibro from Facebook. I had my tests done 2 years ago (I started feeling this way-fatigued beyond belief, body aches constantly, always in a fog, unable to concentrate, etc-4 years ago) and everything was normal. Then this year it shows that my thyroid level was over 5 times what it should be. I did some research and found out your body can go up and down in thyroid hormone and make you feel TERRIBLE for up to 2 years without it showing up on the tests. And I also found out that your body can go from normal to abnormal and back to normal within a course of months, but you still feel the effects of when its out of whack. I'm so sorry you feel this way, I know the frustration. Especially with me only being 19, I would see all my friends living a fun and carefree life and I was in agony constantly. I'm still not feeling better, but they said it takes awhile for the meds to kick in. However there are plenty of days when I'm so sick and tired of things not working, and I was definitely fed up with not knowing what was wrong. If you ever need to talk you can find me on Facebook in the group and add me! I will pray that you have some answers very soon!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hypothyroidism is a state in which the thyroid gland fails to make the adequate amount of hormones primarily responsible for the regulation of our metabolism. Iodine deficiency is often cited as the most common cause of hypothyroidism worldwide, but it can be caused by many other factors such as radiation exposure and drug abuse. But I suggest that, if you are hesitant on your doctor’s findings about your condition, you can always ask for a second opinion from another doctor.

    Sharleen Jernigan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are okay. Happy Thanksgiving and thinking of you. Let us know how you are going. From Lee @ Fibro Bloggers Directory

    ReplyDelete