Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I have an appointment

at the Colorado Fibromyalgia Clinic tomorrow morning. I'm nervous, excited and hopeful for what will come from this appointment. I'm sitting here with a 16 page "questionnaire" that I need to fill out for them too....they certainly cover all the bases but some of the questions are very vague. I will do my best to answer everything as best I can and give as much information as I'm able to give.....there is so much to what's been going on.

Update from my last post: I'm feeling better from the cold/sinus infection - I guess the meds took care of that! I got worried during the course of antibiotics as my chest was really tight for a couple days but that went away thank goodness. My primary Dr contacted the Mayo Clinic as he had said he would and apparently they needed him to fill out some forms then I received a call this week from the Dr office telling me the Mayo Clinic wants me to have a physical with my primary......I'm not sure if this is a pre-screening type thing or what is going on really. My Dr has me coming in for this physical on Friday of this week so hopefully I'll find out more information from him during that appointment. He seems to be really on top of it and helping me out so I do appreciate that! In the meantime I'm also going to this other clinic just in case the Mayo Clinic doesn't accept me or has a really long wait to see me.......seems like between all the appointments and exams someone will figure something out. There are so many possibilities of what is going on I really hope I am on the right path to getting it figured out.

Today I was out for a few hours doing some much needed grocery shopping - I'm wiped out from that! Crazy how going to 2 stores over a 3 hr period just takes everything out of me. I hate it.

It's so hard to explain to someone who has never had to deal with this type of chronic illness just how tired I always am or how ill I feel most of the time. Over the past several days I've also had some pretty bad headaches which has just added to everything else. On a good note, my medication is keeping most of my pain at bay so I'm mainly dealing with the headaches and extreme fatigue constantly. Honestly I just don't understand really why I can sleep 10+ hrs a night and still wake up so tired.....it takes me a good hour or longer to really fully wake up and then after a few hours I'm just spent even if I haven't done anything. It really takes all I have to spend the day out and about with the family or just doing things that need to get done. I really want my life back! I'm too young to be so tired and lacking energy all the time!

On another note and something interesting I found today on one of the many Fibromyalgia support group sites I belong to. I read some information from someone who was bedridden for 4 yrs with CFS/fibro.....this person wrote a book about it but also shared a list of supplements that she claims helped her to get her life and health back. They are supplements that can be purchased anywhere that sells vitamins so I'm going to take the list to the Dr to see if it's something I should be doing.......some I already have been taking off and on, some I would need to go get but before I do that I want to ask the Dr. what she thinks. If you remember, earlier in the year I had started taking some supplements that I had read about but, because I didn't see any change in my condition I stopped taking them.......I'm really bad about that when I don't see an improvement.

For those of you who might be interested, the recommended supplements and amounts are:

Co-Q-10 - 100mg This is essential for every cell in the body for energy. The new form of Co-Q-10 called Ubiaquinol helps by adding more energy because it is already broken down and goes right to work by attaching to the cells in the body to produce energy.

B-12 sublingual 500 mcg twice daily, this is dissolved under the tongue and is more effective and helps with energy and the nervous system.

Calcium 1000mg, magnesium 400mg and zinc 25 mg.
Calcium for bones; magnesium for inflammation; zinc for immune system health.

Vitamin C 500mg once daily for immune system

Vitamin E 400 Iu once daily Immune system and energy

Vitamin D-3 1,000 Iu twice daily. Helps with vision problems and long bone pain (if you are deficient of Vitamin D, your doctor will have you take a larger dose). Most people with CFS/ME or FM are so difficient that they need larger doses, so it’s a good idea to have it checked by a Vitamin D 3 blood test.

Ginkgo Biloba 60 mg once daily helps memory and brain fog.

Garlic 500 mg once daily (oderless). Good for immune system and is a natural antibiotic.

Omega 3 Salmon Oil 500mg twice daily. Good for immune system and heart health and helps to balance hormones. Many fish oils contain shellfish to which some people are allergic. For this reason, Salmon Oil might be the better choice.

Milk Thistle 175mg twice daily for 3 months, then 1 per day for liver health. To be taken with Probiotic Acidophilus twice daily for 3 months, then 1 per day for intestine well-being.
Milk Thistle and Acidophilus remove toxins from the body and help retard yeast build up

Wish me luck! I'll definitely post an update tomorrow from my appointment at this Fibromyalgia clinic. It's about 2 hrs away so I'll be gone all day but will get an update out as soon as I can once I return. Hopefully there will be some good news and hope for this journey to finally take a turn towards a healthier me!

No comments:

Post a Comment