Wednesday, March 30, 2011

So tired....of being tired! It's really just depressing

I'm still researching and looking for that "magic" that is going to help me feel like a living human but to no avail I still haven't found it. Some days are better than others but overall, everyday I feel like I'm dragging my butt around. I have no energy AT ALL which in turn means I have no motivation or interest in doing much because my body just wants to rest or better yet SLEEP! Although I don't sleep during the day because I do try to be "normal" but I definitely don't feel like I think the next person does.

Honestly I expected that by now I would be feeling like a million bucks! Not the case and it's depressing. With all the dietary changes I've made and the addition of several vitamins you would think it would make a difference - not so much, at least not yet. So this of course is not helping me really believe in all the natural eating, juicing and vitamin taking that everyone raves about being "so good for you"....onward I go though.....I will say that I do think the juicing has helped me not get sick but think it's just going to take much longer for me to really feel or see the benefits of it all. I have fallen off the wagon on exercising so I do need to pick that back up and see if that is the missing element - although I'm so tired the last thing I want to do is do jumping jacks, push ups or lift a weight....ugh, just the thought of it makes me even more tired!

On a good note, I've lost a total of 7 lbs since January and am happy with that. I would like to lose another 15 as that's where I was before I got sick last August. I was happy with my weight and size and will be thrilled when I get back there.

Today I went to the vitamin cottage and got a new vitamin to add to my list - Acetyl-L Carnitine - apparently this particular supplement should help "significantly" with my fatigue issues - so we'll see. Eventually I would think I'll stumble upon something that will make all the difference. I hope!

The kids went to the dentist today - looks like we'll be seeing an orthodontist soon for Taylor - she has a baby tooth that is hanging on and her adult molar is pushing it to the side - essentially she has 2 teeth growing in one spot so that needs to be dealt with and we think she'll need some additional work for her teeth to straighten them out. She also has a cavity that needs filling.

Ryan - has 2 cavities to get filled - fun times ahead!

I went to my endocrinologist on Monday to get my thyroid check - she seems to think everything is just fine - I asked her to check my levels as I am concerned about my significant hair loss and weight gain/difficulty losing weight - so she drew some blood and I am waiting on those results - she said the last 2 times she checked my thyroid levels were perfect. Hard to believe with all those nodules living in there but it's hard to argue with the blood tests - I am thinking about getting a 2nd opinion though.....

I am still considering finding a homeopathic Dr to work with to see if they can't provide some natural remedies for my health issues - all I want is to feel good - not even great, just good!

Well, that's it for today's update - everything is pretty much status quo...no major updates to share at this time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment