Sunday, December 14, 2014

The reality of others has nothing to do with your reality - really it doesn't

I've learned, again, that the perception and reality of others lives really has nothing to do with your reality or your life.  We all live separate lives, we all live different lives.  Some have health, some have sickness, some have happiness, some have sadness and misery.  We are all different and think differently.  Just because you think one way, doesn't mean the way another person thinks is wrong, it's just different.  Just because you do things one way, doesn't mean the way others do things is wrong, it's just different.

It's funny how some people think that they are right in the way they perceive things, when most of the time they are so off base it's infuriating, yet, they stand firm on what they believe to be reality.  It's their reality, that's all.  Perception is huge and we all perceive things differently.  Again, I don't believe it makes it right or wrong, it's just perception through ones eyes and mind.

This time of year for many people brings many sad emotions.  The holidays are suppose to be full of happiness and joy but for a good majority it's just the opposite.  For some it may remind them of how lonely they are now compared to years past.  For some it may remind them of how little they have when they wish they had more.  For some it may be a reminder of the fact that they have lost loved ones who they wish could be with them during the holidays.  For myself and many of you, it's a reminder that we are not even close to the person we use to be before getting sick.  I see so many people fighting and angry over things they can't change.  Sad over things they don't have and forgetting the things they do.

I miss those in my family who aren't around us anymore especially during the holidays.  It use to be a huge gathering with family and extended family and sometimes even friends would join the fun.   It seems every year that gathering would get smaller and smaller as people moved away or joined other families.  For many years we would have Christmas eve dinner with my mom, yummy prime rib she would cook.  Over the years that tradition changed to going out to Outback steak house - then my mom moved to California so it's just the 4 of us now.  The good side to that is my mom gets to spend the holidays with my sister and her family, which is growing so they can enjoy family and celebration meals in their home.  Life changes, we roll with it but during this time I do miss them all and wish we could be together. My daughter gets to go visit my family over the holidays.  I really don't want her to go but I know she wants to spend the time with her aunt, uncle, the kids and my mom which is why I let her leave us and be with them.  I miss her so much when she is gone but I know it's important for her to keep those relationships close.  I wish we could all go, but of course, financially we just can't swing it.

My health is much better now than it has been in the past, but I still have my problems.  I have headaches almost daily, aches and pains that I just "deal" with because I have to.  I do what I can to get up and move everyday but what most of you have no clue to is that it takes me a lot more effort than it does most everyone else around me.  I don't complain about it, I don't tell someone every time I have a headache or pain, I just deal with it.  I know that my problems are just that, my problems.  I know for a fact that there is someone out there, who has it much worse than I do....I may not know them, I may know them but the point is that what I deal with everyday is perceived by others as nothing.....perception is their reality, NOT MINE.

INVISIBLE ILLNESS is just that, INVISIBLE to all but the person living with it.  As anyone who has one of these illnesses knows, life is anything but easy and it's so hard for anyone on the outside to "get it".  I love the fact that I have people in my life who do "get it" and totally and completely understand when I tell them I am not up to going out or that I'm just not feeling well.  For the others in my life, I don't even bother talking about it because it doesn't matter - they don't "get it" and it's a waste of my time and theirs to even try to explain.  How can they understand when they don't live it - they don't have it and they can do anything they want to do anytime they want to do it.  I've had people tell me that I can do this or that, just get up and do it - it makes me laugh because just by saying this to me shows me how ignorant they are to what I live with.

I feel like I'm just rambling now so I'm going to end this with a couple articles I found interesting. The first one sounds hopeful that they are researching this and possibly looking to come up with a treatment.  The second one is more of an FYI for those of you who might have a deficiency and not even realize it.  I hope you are doing well and enjoying what you have and remembering those who have less.  Until next time, to your health!

Link between Fibro and Brain inflammation

9 Signs of Magnesium deficiency


2 comments:

  1. To your health too! Thankyou for being one of the honest people whose blog I enjoy reading. Wishing you a fabulous 2015 from Fibro Blogger Directory and my personal blog Fibro Files.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog and commending me on my honesty - that's how I live life, just be honest and tell it how it is!

      Delete