Monday, May 12, 2014

So much going on

Hello friends!

Just a quick update - things have been crazy around here!  Always, when I think things are going to slow down, they don't, something always comes up.

At the end of April I went to MN with my daughter for the Northern Lights Volleyball tournament.  That was a fun weekend but of course the travel created more fatigue.  Traveling is hard, even harder when you have CFS and Fibro.  It seems everything is harder.  It was a long weekend of sitting in the convention center cheering on the team.  My daughter happen to get sick that weekend too so it was a bit rough.

This past week I ended up in California with my daughter as my sisters baby is very sick and in the CV-ICU at Children's hospital awaiting heart surgery.  She was born at the end of March with ASD (atrial septal defect) and VSD (ventricular septal defect) as well as a paralyzed left vocal cord.  In addition to this, she has severe reflux which, with her vocal cord issue causes her to aspirate into her lungs. She needs heart surgery badly but they are trying to sort out the reflux so she doesn't aspirate during surgery.  While ASD and VSD are pretty common defects, hers are larger than what they normally see and with her vocal cords, reflux and aspiration it makes it all very serious.

Visiting was nice but also hard to see that little baby in such a situation.  She is a sweet little thing and I pray the Dr's can fix her all up.  I am not aware of any reason why they won't be able to but the entire situation is just so sad and causing a lot of stress within the family as you can imagine.  For me, that stress comes out in the form of a flare - my lower back is really tight and my fatigue is slowly peaking again.  Worry is never good no matter who you are, it just so happens that those of us who have other health issues tend to suffer more when we are not mentally healthy as well.

I've been continuing on the B12 injections and honestly can't tell if they are helping or not.  I guess, with how busy I've been I can say they are since I'm not having a major fatigue flare, but on the flip side, I'm still extremely tired and trying to catch some rest when I can - going to bed early at every opportunity. So I just don't know for sure really how well, if at all, these injections are helping.  In the past, I definitely didn't respond to them, so I've been getting them to try to see if I respond now - and I have a feeling I'm going to find that I don't to any significant degree. At least not enough to continue on them anyway. I guess only time will tell.

The school year is winding down and that is keeping me very busy at work.  There are 17 more school days to go until summer break.  I can't wait to be done with work for a couple months.

It's May 12th and we had a pretty good dumping of snow over the past 2 days. It's hard to believe it's mid spring when you have a foot of snow on the ground!  Usually we are planting our gardens by now - not this year!  The rest of this week is suppose to be nice and hopefully, just hopefully, this will be the last snow of the season for us.  I'm really ready for warmer weather!

So that's it for now, until next time - to your health!

Gerri

No comments:

Post a Comment