Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Just starting is a good step

I've been meaning to start my own blog, well for over 3 yrs now.  I'm not sure what, but something kept making me ignore it.  Maybe the fact that up until now, I really have had NO idea what I would write about, what the purpose of it would be or why I even wanted to write one.  For anyone who is or will be following me, thanks in advance for your interest in whatever it is I'm going to share with you.  I have a little smirk on my face now as I know how silly, crazy, serious, wildly profound and just down right REAL I am, this should be a fun adventure for us all!  Let me say this and please use it as fair warning - I am one who doesn't "fluff" things up, I get straight to the point and don't beat around the bush.  I am brutally honest so if you are one that gets offended easily, let this stand as your fair warning - I say it how it is, and worry about how it sounds later - good or bad, that's how I am.  I can say, I always mean well, even though sometimes it might not appear that way.

I must say, I've had this post sitting as a draft for several days now and for some reason am hesitant to get it going - I think it's because I just don't know where to start after this initial entry.  How do I start this and get caught up to current day...I guess again, just starting is a good step.  So here we go...I'm just going to do it...and worry about the what later.....

As I am getting started I currently plan on using this to document my days in terms of my health and general well being, or lack thereof.  It could be a really great book by the end of it, who knows!  My main reason for starting this blog now is because of my ailing health.  I've been sick for quite a while with no real "diagnosis" or reason as to why.  Throughout this blog you are going to learn about many things I've been though and just how crazy my health has been for many, many years - in fact most of my life although the past several years has been the worst of it. 

I hope that as I embark on this journey to find out what is going on within me I might also end up having followers that can find useful information or even help someone else who might be suffering from the same things as I do.  I know I can't be the only person in the world who has a general lack of well being and lack of health in their life - and not because of lifestyle, I'm afraid it goes way deeper than the surface and superficial things.  I should be a relatively healthy person.  I don't smoke (anymore), I don't use drugs and I don't drink except on festive occasions or special occasions - I'm a social drinker if you will.  So all in all my "lifestyle" wouldn't necessarily be the cause of my health problems.

So let's get started with who I am and where am I in my life right now before we dive into all the medical issues I'm having....probably would be a good idea for you to know WHO I am and a little of what my life is like.......

I'm a 40 yr old woman, mom of 2 great kids and wife to a wonderful man for the past 15yrs.  WOW, 15yrs seems like such a long time, I remember when I first met him, his brother had been married for 15 yrs, the thought that I had at that time was exactly the same "WOW, seems like such a LONG time" - in all reality, it's not, it's just a glimpse of time in the grand scope of things.  In fact, the past 15 yrs has gone by so fast it's hardly believable that it's been that long. 

I have two beautiful children, ages 11 and 9.  My 11 yr old daughter is in the 6th grade this year and my 9 yr old son is in 4th.  They have grown so quickly I can't believe how fast time seems to go anymore.  I remember when I was a kid, it seemed like the days just dragged on and on and on.  I wonder if it feels that way for kids today.....mine are busy so I don't think the days drag on for them, but maybe they feel the same way.  I almost don't want to ask them as to even put the thought in their heads...they never mention it so I think I'll leave that one alone for now.

Speaking of kids today, I'm a bit frightened of what lies ahead as my kids get older.  All I have to go by is how I was at my daughters age and that scares me even more!  I wasn't, let's say, the best of young ladies while growing up.  I got into quite a bit of trouble starting right around the summer out of 6th grade heading into 7th grade, although I really didn't get into too much trouble until I hit high school.

So as a parent with what I think is quite a bit of "life experience" I am ready and waiting for the fun times to begin.  Although I can say with pretty certain confidence, that my daughter is a really "good" kid, honest and not up to anything that I would "disapprove" of.  My son falls in the same category, however he is still young and under full parental control.  I do believe it is at or around the 6th grade mark that kids start to find and explore all the good and bad things the world has to offer.  When the apron strings get loosened a little more and a little more freedom to do things on their own (such as riding the bus and walking home from the neighborhood park) is given out.  So far, so good.  Aside from the normal attitude, tantrums and fits they seem to be pretty normal, average kids.  I want to keep them this way forever!  Although I know I can't, it's a nice thought.  They are pretty much self contained, can care for themselves in the basic kind of ways and don't require constant care in the way that a baby does.  They aren't out driving, dating and, oh god I'm going to say it - having sex YET......thank god!  That's an entirely different post way WAY in the future - I mean WAY in the future!  Both kids are in Karate which has been great for them - currently they are at the "blue" belt level and love it.

My husband Glenn works outside the home as a plumber.  He has done this most of his adult life and is great at what he does. He is my best friend, constant supporter and the person who keeps me going on a daily, sometimes on an hourly basis.  Without him, I don't know where I would be - he is truly my soulmate, my everything and means the world to me.  He too is now in karate and enjoying it. 

I spend my days at home being a mom and working.  I own my own business which requires me to spend a lot of time on the computer, phone and doing things that a business requires.  I don't have any employees as my business is a "home based business" so it's just me that does it all from the paperwork to the actual work - needless to say I'm usually pretty busy between my business, running a family and home.

My business is "Slumber Parties by Gerri"....it's an adult party plan business - tons of fun!  I've been doing this since Sept 01, just over 9yrs.  For the past 5 years I've been on the Advisory Board with Slumber Parties which has enabled me to work on the corporate side of the business as well.  I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of my own business as well as serving on the board with the company.  This year is my last year as a board member with the company so it's bitter sweet as I hate to see that part of my business come to an end.  I am also so very thankful that I have this business as with my health issues there is no "employer" out there who would keep me around with all the days, that have led to months of being sick.  It's a true blessing that I've been able to be my own boss and work when I can and take time off when I need to.

I'm going to start my next posting with a brief overview of my health - but for now, this initial post is long enough.

1 comment:

  1. Pain Relief Medicines [$25 OFF in 2021 USA] - Uses, Dosage, Side Effects

    Buy Tapentadol 100mg tablets online in US to get relief from chronic pain in the joints. Order Tapentadol 100mg tablets at low price without prescription & get free shipping, $25 discount + free pills for sale, fast + cash on delivery (cod) in New York, California, Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania & everywhere in the USA, UK & Australia @Unitedmedicines.com.

    Buy Tramadol 100mg tablets at low price in US to relieve pain and ache. Order Tramadol 100mg / 200mg Tablets online without prescriptions & get discount for sale, free shipping, free+fast+cash on delivery (cod) overnight in New York, California, Florida & Texas of USA, UK & Australia @Unitedmedicines.

    Buy Carisoprodol 350mg tablets at low price in US to relieve pain sensations between the nerves and brain. Order Carisoprodol 350mg tablets online without prescriptions & get discount of $25 + free pills for sale, free shipping, free-fast-cash on delivery (cod) overnight in New York, California, Florida, Texas of USA at Unitedmedicines.

    Buy Paracetamol 500mg tablets at low price in US for pain management treatment. Order Paracetamol 500mg tablets online without prescriptions & get discount of $25 + free pills for sale, free-fast-cash on delivery overnight in New York, California, Florida, Texas of USA & in UK at Unitedmedicines.

    ReplyDelete